Go wild for wire! That was the call to action and I did. I made a new wire bird nest.
I used copper wire, with no protective coating, to make the nest and carefully shaped and work hardened the wire, then added white glass pearl beads. The bail is integrated into the nest. One of the wire ends was used to make it.
Once the nest was finished I dipped it into a liver of sulphur solution to darken the copper and give it patina. Well I guess I made the solution stronger than usual because boy did it ever darken. Out came the pro polish pad to take off more of the patina than usual. Once the colour was where I wanted it a permanent sealant was added to protect the birds nest.