Monday 30 March 2015

Day 29, Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge

Today the challenge was to work with Crystal Clay and make a Crystallized creation. So, I dug out one pack that was already partly used, then pulled out a new package, and then another new package. Part A of the two part clay in all of my crystal clay packages had dried out, even the unopened ones.

Now what? I had none left. It was time to be resourceful. I took out the Polymer Clay I’ve been experimenting with lately and used a blush coloured clay to pack into my bezels, then added 3 pink Swarovski  Marquis cut crystals to each bezel. Just before baking I added some cheery, bright pink Mica powder for added bling.


 
Pink Lotus Earrings (Sold)


I didn’t realize my little lotus flower ended up sitting sideways until the first bezel was complete. I made sure the second bezel was a mirror, and all in all, I’m pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment