Wednesday 11 March 2015

Day 11, Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge

Today’s challenge inspiration was based on leather – use leather in your jewellery. Now leather is something I’ve used quite a bit lately in my designs, but I have not played with the latest craze in leather, large hollow core round leather.

The bracelet that I made uses leather dyed a beautiful rich shade of purple with a pattern that is alternately shiny and matte that’s been stamped into it. The pattern does not come off – believe me I’ve tried. (I struggled with getting the colour to come out properly in the photos. It’s a difficult colour to photograph.)


 
Boa Love
The bracelet shape is maintained by running memory wire through the middle core. I used a patterned and antiqued silver plated clasp and added 2 charms, a Celtic heart knot and a round one with a heart on one side and the word love on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment