Friday 16 January 2015

Earrings Everyday – January Inspiration

It’s time for the monthly Earrings Everyday Inspiration reveal. January’s inspiration is based on the Pantone Spring 2015 Colour Palette. The Pantone Colour of the Year is Marsala. I found this colour palette on the website for Cool Hunting Magazine.





We were encouraged to select the colours we like and use them.  Here’s what I made.


Let’s Go Sailing


The pretty little sailboat charms are stoneware beads with a deep red glaze made by Diana Ptaszynski of Suburban Girl Studio. To me they scream Marsala. The stoneware colour peeking through is like a darker version of the beige-like Toasted Almond colour. I added ceramic beads in variegated blue and matching beige colours, copper wire with a steel blue coating and Gunmetal earwires.

With the right colours Marsala comes to life. I’m happy with how these earrings turned out but I think I want to add some softness to the middle. Maybe some ribbon or sari silk wrapped around?

 
Cameo

This second pair is very delicate and feminine looking. The focals are pretty Lampwork cameo beads by Susan Kennedy of Sue Beads. In a deep Atlantis Blue colour with little soft white flowers they are very pretty and remind me of the Classic Blue. The blue is difficult to photograph but it is richer in person than in this photo. They have been paired with pink opal beads in 2 shades, reminiscent of pale versions of Strawberry Ice and Tangerine. I used sterling silver for the finishing pieces.

I know I will be doing new photos of these before posting them in my online store. Even with that I like the soft look of this pair. 

Now come see what everyone else created.

18 comments:

  1. Both of these could become a gal's "go to" earrings. So classic. They go with everything. Both had gravitas so they can go with dress-up to blue jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... with the right colours Marsala does come to life! I absolutely love the gorgeous sailboat stoneware charms! Very pretty designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty designs, I particularly love the sailboat beads, the two colours compliment each other very well...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet earrings. They make me think of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are both fans of Suburban Girl. I used the same sailboat ceramics in a pair of earrings listed in my shop https://www.etsy.com/listing/218359885/red-earrings-sailboat-earrings-nautical?ref=shop_home_active_7
    My ceramics are redder than yours and I paired them with red beads. I do like your paired with gray. We both have good taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy

      I checked out your earrings and I really like them too. Diana makes great things

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love those sailboat charms! The blue beads add a perfect nautical touch. Though they are perfect the way they are, adding sari silk would be cool, too. The second pair are so sweet and feminine. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ordered some so I might give that a try when it comes in. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  7. I too was drawn to your nautical pair of earrings...great job on both pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have those sailboat charms in blue and green. Now I think I need the earthy red ones too. Your second pair is perfect for spring. Very bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these sailboat earrings. They are great the way they are but if you wanted to add some fibre maybe some twined waxed linen thread to look like rope wrapped around the top beads?? Just ab idea that came to me when you said that comment about adding something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, sounds interesting. I think I have some of the right size. I might just try that. Thanks for the great idea!

      Delete
  10. Both pairs are adorable! Such beautiful beads! I'd love some similar ones for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oksana

      I updated my post to add the links to the websites for Suburban Girl and SueBeads stores. Check them out. You might find something you like.

      Delete
  11. Your art beads are fabulous and fun! Wonderful Marsala example!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh... I love the pair with Diana's sailboats. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are right... colors come alive when paired up! I love the sailboat charms and the blue wave beads you paired with it. And the pretty lampwork from Miss Sue is so stunning. Not much more adornment is needed! Thanks for joining in the We're All Ears challenge for January. Check back on February 6th for the next inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am partial to blue, but I really think these sailboats are me fav. they are so cute and love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete