Wednesday 28 January 2015

2015 Plans

Back in November of last year, I wrote about gettingback on track, making regular blog posts 3 times a week. I have kept this up for the last 3 months and it has been fun.

It has also been challenging since it is only me who is doing the blog postings, along with everything else. I love the blog but it is taking up too much time. Starting next week, I am modifying the blog schedule, posting twice a week instead of 3. Postings will now be on Monday and Thursday though there will still be occasional posts other days for blog challenges and other events.

2015 plans include a greater social presence. I’ve already started a business Pinterest account, launched just over a week ago. Show applications are being prepared, profile updates in progress, many product photos and write ups waiting to be posted online.

Coming soon will be a new Etsy store. Like many jewellery artisans I have acquired a large supply of beads, findings, tools, unique items and so on. A humungous quantity actually. The new store will be geared to making these available to others. I’ve also been upcycling frames, boxes and other things, repurposing them for jewellery storage. Finally, I need to clear out jewellery that did not move at various shows but have yet to be posted in my Artfire shop. Both will be added to sections in the new shop, as will jewellery pieces with little or no action on Artfire.

Another opportunity being explored is Facebook. I have not taken the plunge there but have been looking into setting up a business site on it. That will be a little down the road. I don’t want to take on too much too quickly or else I’ll end up back where I was, too many commitments, not enough time to do them.

Beyond social presence, I’ve started experimenting with polymer clay (see my last couple of posts for evidence of that), intend to expand my limited metal clay skills as well as wire work and metal forming. It would have been more logical to start with polymer clay then move to metal clay but I can’t claim to always have been logical.

And finally, I definitely need to continue expanding my jewellery design skills, including capturing them on paper before trying to create them in more pricey wires, gemstones and pearls.


Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment