Wednesday 2 July 2014

Pearls – The Real Blog Hop

The Pearls Pearls Pearls Blog Hop Challenge reveal day was on Sunday, June 29th.  I posted a mini update that morning that I would be late with my reveal because I was at a show in Cobourg (and my photos sucked), and would do my reveal by Wednesday


So, after redoing all my photos, here is what I made:

ClassicLoops

The pearls are 5 mm Freshwater, dyed Dark Peacock that I wire wrapped to Silver Plated hoops with Silver Plated wire.  The hoops are 1 inch in diameter (25 mm) and the earrings have an outside diameter of 1 3/8 inches (35 mm).  I recently used this same technique for another blog hop and decided it would be fun to see pearls in this design too


Sea Treasures

This triple strand bracelet is the first item I made for the challenge.  I used a different pearl on each strand to see how different colours would work together.  I’m pretty happy with the results although the lightest colour, the 13 mm Moonlight Green dyed Keishi Pearls were very difficult to photograph.  There is more green than the photo colour indicates.  The next strand are 6 x 9 mm Baroque Pearls, dyed Olive.  The smallest strand are more Keishi Pearls, this time dyed Peacock and 8 mm in size.  I attached the strands to a triple loop Sterling Silver toggle clasp and used all Sterling Silver findings.  Each strand has different coloured seed beads to space the Pearls and add a finishing touch


Waterfall Earrings (Sold)

After making the first two pieces for the blog hop, I needed new inspiration and started playing with some new polymer clay beads I had purchased recently.  When I dug out these charming blue daisies I found my inspiration.  The daisies are the perfect foil for these beautiful 6 x 9 mm (.25 x .35 inches) oval Freshwater Pearls, dyed a striking Sapphire colour.  The daisies are ¾ inches (19 mm) in diameter and were hand made by Tree Wings Studio. A tiny 3 mm (.12 inch) Sterling Silver bead sits between the pearls.  The earrings hang 2 ½ inches (63.5 mm) from the top of the ear wires which, along with the jump rings and wire, are made of Sterling Silver


Waterfall Necklace (Sold)

I loved the Earrings so much I decided to make a matching necklace.  To balance the intense colour of the Sapphire Pearls I added some top drilled oval Freshwater Pearls in a supporting role.  These pearls are smaller at 4 x 6 mm (.16 x .25 inches) with a lighter Steel Blue colour, also dyed.  The necklace is 20 inches (508 mm) in length and the pendant focal is approx. 1 ¾ inches long (44 mm).  Two more daisy charms were added as a finishing touch.  And the name Waterfall was chosen because the combinations reminded me of a clear blue stream rushing over a mini waterfall, deep intense colour at the top changing to a white-ish spray at the bottom

To see what everyone else made check out Michelle's bloghttp://misheldesigns.blogspot.ca/2014/06/pearls-pearls-pearls-2014-blog-hop.html

8 comments:

  1. You cannot go wrong with classic pearl hoops! Love the peacock pearls with silver metal. And that triple strand bracelet is gorgeous with the mixed pearls in both color and size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pearl designs. My favorite are the hoop earrings. Classic yet fresh and modern! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pieces, love them all, the colors of pearls you used together are stunning, a girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The multistrand bracelet is so lovely! My favourite is the pair of earrings with polymer flower beads, the color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty designs, I do like the wrapped earrings but the colour of the waterfall necklace and earrings are just my thing!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm a sucker for hoop earrings and ones with pearls are always special! I do love the waterfall necklace and earrings, the blue color is perfect, but the three strand bracelet is just stunning - LOVE that one!! The mix of colors and textures between the pearls makes it just so pretty. Thanks so much for joining in the pearl fun with everyone - I hope you had a grand time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pearls! I love your designs...the bracelet is my favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely designs.. beautiful earring..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete