Thursday 3 July 2014

Art Bead Scene – June Reveal

I decided to give this challenge a whirl again this month.  My posting is late because I was at the Cobourg Arts and Crafts Festival all weekend.  I celebrated Canada Day there.  Lots of fun!

I found that the last challenge last month stretched my boundaries and inspired me to keep trying something new.  And besides, I love the inspiration photo.  It is beautiful, and so is the story of the artist, Marianne North


 
Trees Laden with Parasites and Epiphytes in a Brazilian Garden, 1873 by Marianne North Oil on Paper


Here is the piece I made based on the inspiration:


Twisting Flower


The necklace focal is all lampwork; red rosebud, green leaves and white seed pods, made by Deborah Mussy of Toronto, ON

Each item was formed off a wire of either brass or steel.  Once I had determined the layout for the focal I twisted the wires together, added more brass wire for strength, stability and to attach to the waxed cotton cord.  Then all the remaining ends were curled for comfort.  The random pattern of the wires makes me think of climbing rose vines 

Check out all the other creations here



No comments:

Post a Comment