Friday 18 July 2014

Earrings Everyday – July Reveal

This month’s inspiration photo was very patriotic.  In honour of National Holidays, Patriotic Holidays, it celebrates the 4th of July in particular.  Being Canadian I decided to embrace the spirit and celebrate both the 1st, Canada Day, and the 4th


Here’s the inspiration photo

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Two-Sailing-Boats-Puget-Sound-Washington-Posters_i3511549_.htm

Here are the earrings I made:


Beach Party


Fun earrings made for a day at the beach.  I used faceted deep red teardrops, suspended from shell chips and bright blue beads inspired by the blue of the sails in the photo.  These earrings make me think of a summer beach party


Heartfelt


Earrings that speak from the heart for love of country, the blue glass hearts have a crystal backing that makes the blue pop.  The variations in the blue colour remind me of the colour of the water.  I used pretty red and semi translucent white beads to complement the hearts and hung them from stud ear wires


Nautical


Inspired by the sailing boats themselves, I combined the look of rectangular nautical flags and life buoys for this design.  The white shell beads, which gave me a hard time photographing, are surrounded by round glass beads in red and blue.  The blue was inspired by the sky and the red by the hints of deeper red in the shaded corners of the back sail

Come see what everyone else made here




10 comments:

  1. Love that you used shells in your designs, they are perfect for summer...lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection of patriotic and summery earrings for both countries! Really fond of that first pair with the shell stack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect earrings for any patriotic holiday. You nailed the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ! lovely earrings love the 2nd so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great designs! My favorite is the pair #2, so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect designs for the summer and the Fourth of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful designs! I love how you captured the spirit of the inspiration piece in each one. I can see wearing any of them to a beach or pool party. Perfect for summer holidays of any type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet earrings, all perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were busy! I like all of your patriotic, nautical earrings. I also liked that you named them. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you go! I think they are all fab, and would be the perfect accessory with my jeans and t-shirt sort of life. But the last ones are my favorites inspired by the buoys. Thank you for joining in the We're All Ears Challenge for July! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete