Tuesday 27 March 2018

Pretty Palettes, March Challenge



It’s been awhile since I joined the Pretty Palettes challenge. I’m thrilled to be able to join this month. The March challenge is based on this pretty artwork. You can read more about it here


 A Moment to Dream

Molly also provided this colour palette and selection of beads for it, however we are not limited to using these beads.







Following my usual mode I searched my bead stash for both unusual focals and suitable colours. First came this bright and sunny bracelet. I pulled from the brightest of yellow in the photo. Though it doesn’t match the colour palette I’m happy with it



Joyful Bracelet


This bracelet exudes joy with its bright springtime colours.  The colourful ceramic bullseye bead, made by Jennifer Jangles, is slightly different on each side. I used cheerful pressed glass hearts, stars and round beads to complement the ceramic bead. Everything is strung on waxed linen and finished with an antiqued brass toggle clasp

I decided to play with the other colours in the artwork and palette, focusing on the blues, light greens and the darker colours on the bottom row



Moments Pendant


The star of the pendant is the pretty polymer clay dogwood flower by Heather Powers. I used freshwater pearls in 3 sizes that were dyed 2 colours, moonlight silver and olive, as stackers on top of the flower. It felt like just a bit more colour was needed. I found cotton floss in complementary colours and made the little tassel which I finished with an antiqued brass cap. For the wires, chain and sweet heart toggle clasp I used antiqued bronze which helped to bring out the darker colours in the flower bead. I’m very happy with how this pendant looks and came together

You can find both in my online shop. Please check out all the other creations on reveal day here

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment