Monday 24 August 2015

Beads, Beads, and more Beads

It feels like all I am doing these days is sorting and moving beads. Sorting by type and by colour. Moving from my Ikea drawer unit, to my bench for organizing, then to their new location. The new cabinet is working out well, but boy am I tired of sorting and moving beads.






The empty slot in this photo marks the spot I’m working on. Everything below is done. Two of the drawers above the slot are also finished and stocked. These hold the precious art beads that I have fallen in love with this year.

For most of the drawers I had to make the separators. It took me a few tries to figure out the best way to do this. Here’s one of the first drawers I made separators for, full of metal and lucite beads. There’s lots of wasted space here.





This one, with glass beads, is a little further along in the process. You can see that the dividers have straighter sides, and there’s no unused space. There’s also no room to expand either, which may be a good thing – no bead lover said ever.




And here’s the last drawer I just made dividers for and stocked up. These are part of my gemstones collection, umm I mean inventory. I prefer to keep the gemstones in plastic tube like containers because I find that I can see them more easily than when they’re in the bags. Of course I would then have to have a lot more containers to do this for all the gemstones, so it’s a compromise. Some in tubes, some in bags.



The dividers for the last drawer are better designed, sturdier and made specifically to fit the longer shape of the tubes. Somehow I’ve been able to fit more beads in a smaller space too. Something is working right here and I for one am happy about it.

Now, to just finish putting the rest away and get back to creating and working on my business.
  
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment