Thursday 2 April 2015

Musings on a 30 Day Challenge

The 30 Day Fusion Bead Challenge was a great challenge. The rules were simple:
     
  • Create something to meet the theme of the day
  • Share on the Fusion Beads Facebook page
  • Go ahead, make projects in advance to be ready for the challenge


  

Here’s what I learned or experienced from joining in:

  • It was fun
  • A month celebrating crafting is great
  • I didn’t have as many pieces ready before the start as I thought I did
  • It sucked up free time like crazy
  • My bill paying job kept getting in the way
  • Other plans got pushed to the back burner
  • I was stretched to try things I would never have thought of
  • I wasn’t always happy with the results
  • Some days it felt like I settled just to meet the deadline – Those items sit on the shelf waiting for a redo
  • There’s no time to redo if something doesn’t work as expected
  • I learned lots from others
  • I learned a lot about myself including there are jewellery mediums I have no talent or interest in
  • I now have a deep and profound admiration for those who work with tiny seed beads
  • I “met” some great people online
  • It’s April 2nd and I’m still tired


How about yourself? Have you tried participating in this or other challenges that really pushed you? How did it turn out? I would love to hear about your experiences


No comments:

Post a Comment