Sunday 22 March 2015

Day 21, Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge

For Day 21 of the 30 Day Bead Challenge, the task was to expand bead weaving skills and learn a new stitch or technique.

Well if you read my post for day 16 you’re already aware I’m not a bead weaver, despite the day 2 post. That bracelet was made about 4 years ago when I was first exploring the world of hand crafted jewellery. I was pleased with how it turned out and now I remember why I stopped doing bead weaving. It’s way harder than I remember!

So, for day 21 I decided to try more of the new types of beads and went with Tila beads and Superduos for this bracelet.


Tiled Bracelet

I did use some of my stash of tiny size 11 seed beads in gold, but no weaving involved. The bracelet concept was based on a pattern featured on the Domestic Diva website but I ran my cord along the length instead of weaving in and out, and ended up with a very different looking bracelet.


No comments:

Post a Comment