Friday 13 March 2015

Day 13, Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge

Today’s challenge was about using a metal colour never used before. I have used pretty much every type of metal, recently exploring the possibilities of bronze and antiqued bronze wire. I have not used coloured wire and have none on hand. Since I’m in a “Do not buy more” phase (she said with a laugh) I haven’t purchased any more wire for the challenge. I decided I would feature a bracelet that I made some time ago.


 
Spiral Train Bracelet

This bracelet is made from a heavy 14 gauge pure copper wire. I hand formed each spiral in the bracelet then hammered them flat and textured and linked everything together by hand. It was quite a hand and arm workout. I’m happy with how the bracelet turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment