Monday 10 November 2014

Art Bead Scene – Challenge Prize

Back in May I participated in the monthly Art Bead Scene challenge.  The editorial team selects an inspiration image and posts it at the beginning of the month, along with background information and even a colour palette to inspire.  The requirement is to use an art bead (or more) in the design.  That month the challenge was based on a painting, the Capriccio Padovano by Bernardo Bellato, painted in 1741:



My necklace, Tinted Moss, was based on a Lampwork Glass drop bead made by DragonJools of Toronto.


My entry was selected in a random draw (they don’t judge your work after all – the prizes are for participating) and I won 3 Simple Truth pendants from Tesori Trovati. The artist behind this shop and these creations is Erin Prais-Hintz. 

Life happens and Erin had a lot on her plate this year, and as a result was late sending her package out. Well, it did get mailed and I received it several weeks ago – almost 2 months ago actually (blush).  Looks like life happened to me too.

The pendants are absolutely beautiful. I was overwhelmed when I saw them. I wasn’t expecting something so spectacular, until I took the time to check out her website. 

Without further delay, I wanted to share the beautiful pendants that she sent, along with a few other little treasures:

Charming gift envelope it came in, with a sweet little key charm


Three beautiful charms & the sweet little key


Even the backs are gorgeous - my photography
skills? Not so much

The charming note and inspirational sayings received

I feel very blessed.


1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure to select these special pieces just for you, Miss Mona! I appreciate your patience with me! Now, I hope that these will inspire you to make something special and that you will share that with me! And of course, we hope to see you on the Art Bead Scene! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete