Thursday 14 May 2015

Office Cleanup - New Old Storage Cabinet

On Mother’s Day my husband and daughter treated me to a trip to the Aberfoyle Antique Market, near Guelph, Ontario. I love antiquing and am always willing to go out, looking for that special something. It’s about an hour’s drive to the market from home in Newmarket so it’s extra special when they’re willing to indulge me. Usually I go out by myself so I don’t go that far away.

I’ve been looking for better storage for my bead hoard supplies for awhile. They are stored in an Ikea storage cabinet right now and, even with the dividers I made, aren’t well organized. There aren’t enough drawers to keep the stash inventory neatly stored.

I was very lucky to come across this storage unit at almost the very first vendor we stopped at.






It has 14 shallow drawers, some with wood dividers still in them and some with old cardboard dividers handmade by a previous owner. 





The cabinet stands about 4 feet tall. There’s a very handmade look to the unit, and 2 of the drawer knobs have been replaced. The drawers were repainted without removing the knobs and the paint is peeling off most of them. The unit itself is still the original dark brown stained colour. There’s a real 2 toned colour going on. It’s grungy, has no feet and lots of nicks and dings but I love it.










The unit needs feet or a platform to it raise off the floor. I might replace the knobs too. For now I need to move things around and make space to move it from the garage and into the studio .

No comments:

Post a Comment