Sunday 26 February 2017

Honey Do List January Design Challenge

Last year, Sarajo Wentling’s husband Eric decided to issue a design challenge each month to her. As she says it was “to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash’. It was so enjoyable they decided on continuing the Honey Do List for 2017!  Sarajo invited everyone to play and has hopes they will continue to play along!

I checked out the blog regularly last year but did not participate. A week ago I decided I would give it a try this year. So starting from the beginning this is my post for the January design challenge


Inspiration is from this photo Eric took and photoshoped:


Photo courtesy of Eric Wentling, SJ Designs


I drew my inspiration from the multiple blues and whites in the blue jay and created this necklace


Jay Way Necklace



The 3 discs are lampwork glass wavy discs created by Sue Kennedy. All are slightly translucent making them glow when held up to the light. The 2 colours of waxed linen are strung with glass peanut beads and square glass spikes in complementary colours

At both the top and bottom of the discs some flat vintage montee beads with silver and copper bezels help bring out the disc colours. Silver plated bead spacers give extra definition to the discs,  while an antiqued brass cone corrals waxed linen strings with more peanut beads and cones dangling from them add swing.  Antiqued jump rings and lobster clasp finish the necklace.

Jay Way Necklace, Reverse Side


The necklace has been added to my online store. Please stop by Sarajo’s blog to see what she and everyone else has made

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment