Tuesday 16 February 2016

My New Shop

I took the plunge, opening a new store on Etsy. Come visit it and let me know what you think.





I had a store on Artfire for about 4 years but chose to change host sites recently.


I did a lot of research into the best options. Because I have a full-time bill paying job I don’t have the time needed to support a standalone shop. A large, well managed host site was my best option.  

Why did I choose to move to Etsy and away from Artfire? There are several ways that Artfire operates very differently from Etsy including currency management, seller fees and general ease of use.
  
For me, a Canadian based seller, the Artfire currency issue was the biggest problem. Artfire requires the seller to post item prices in US funds and buyers have to do their own conversion to their native currency. This is fine when currencies are stable but just does not work when the value of foreign currencies swings up and down from day to day.

Added to that a smaller audience, lower ranking level for search results and a very different rate structure and the decision almost made itself for me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment