Friday 12 December 2014

Charms, Charms, Charms and Pendants Too

In the most recent little bit of time I have been exploring the talents of other jewellery artists. This has led to a bit of a buying spree, so much so that I have quite a collection of charms and pendants. I’m looking forward to using them soon. In the meantime, here are some recent purchases


The first group are pendants and charms that I purchased through the Beads of Courage auction on eBay. This auction is organized by Jen Cameron, an artisan herself, with 100% of auction proceeds going to the charitable organization. I was lucky enough to win the auction for 4 pieces.

Bird in Flight by Melissa Trudinger
In a Brass Bezel with Resin Coating

Brass Stamped Hummingbird with
Purple Ink by Alicia Marinache

Ceramic Butterfly and Dragonfly Charms
By Jenny Davies Reazor

Next are some ceramic, stoneware and bronze metal clay charms, pendants and connectors made by Leslie Watt of THEA Elements in England. Like the ones above, these are all handmade.

Stoneware Heart and Bracelet Link with floral
Detail, Ceramic Leaf Pendant


Bronze Clay Earring Charms with Queen
Anne’s Lace (Left) and Leaf (Right) Detail
Snowflake Clasp with Handmade Toggle


2 Bronze Clay Charm Grab Bags
With All Kinds of Goodies

I still have on hand the beautiful polymer clay pendants below, from Tesori Trovati. Erin Prais-Hintz is the talented artist. I won these in a draw for the Art Bead Scene monthly challenge. The challenge is based on an inspiration piece, photo, artwork, animation, sculpture, selected by the blog editors. Participants create a jewellery item that draws on colours and shapes from the piece. My prize was for the Maychallenge.

Polymer Clay Pendants
with Crowned Key Charm

And finally, here are some copper clay charms and pendants I made myself. These were made in a metal clay course I took last year.  I have used some and here’s what is still waiting for the right spark of inspiration. Now I need a kiln to make more!


Copper Metal Clay Charms and Pendants by me

Like Lori Andersen said in her Bead Hoarders Blog Hop invitation, it’s time to take these out of the stash and turn them into jewellery. I’m so excited I can hardly wait, but this is a post-Christmas project. Hmm, some new blogs for this project…

No comments:

Post a Comment