Tuesday 12 January 2016

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

This blog post is not intended to be a review of 2015. In my next to last post, back in October, I made a comment about probably stretching myself too thin and my muse going MIA. Well, that’s exactly what happened. Not only did I lose my creative spark, my whole body felt like it just went “Hmphhh” and deflated. I did 2 shows in November and December and, other than my regular display during the Christmas potluck lunch at my bill paying job, took the remainder of the year off, concentrating on family and holidays instead.

Came the start of 2016 and I’m working on getting back into the game. I decided to take a break from some of my social media interactions (Facebook rabbit hole) and concentrate on getting my studio and shop cleaned up.


This is how the studio looked before:




Stuff piled on top of stuff, projects on top of projects, tools lost in the clutter.

The mess had even spread to a footstool I hijacked “temporarily” from the family room, and to my old bead storage cabinet (emptied out when I bought this one).




There were other surfaces that were covered too but I had cleaned those up before Christmas. Yeah!

After putting away everything that wasn’t sparking ideas and cleaning up tools, I put Heather Powers muffin tin solution to work. Everything that I wanted to do something with went into the muffin tin, including repair work and things needing redesign.

This is what my bench looks like now, with only 2 projects in progress.


And here’s my muffin tin.


Needless to say, there are layers in each pocket and on top of the muffin tin. That’s okay though because it is organized by type of project and work needed.  I’ve already made a dent in the contents and am feeling more hopeful than before the holidays. Now I need to start work on my online store.

As for that footstool? It’s back where it belongs.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment