Friday 15 May 2015

We’re All Ears May Inspiration Challenge

The inspiration photos for the May Earrings Everyday challenge was a troupe of dancers known as Pilobolus. The tango theme represented in these photos was the musical inspiration, while the saturated colours were the visual inspiration.






The lighter blue colours in the second photo of the right column and the frilly orange skirt in the third photo on the left caught my attention and I went with it, combining 2 types and colours of frilly flower beads. I topped everything off with a bead of a matching colour.



Tango Earrings (Sold)


These earrings are cute, maybe a little Christmas Tree..ish looking with the shape, but still fun.

Please check what everyone else made here.



8 comments:

  1. Ohhh nice set. I love "swing" in the beads..come to think of it I think I have some similar. wouldn't have thought to use them. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the motion you achieved in these earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pair of earrings! Their shape reminds me of a tiny dancer in a blue layered skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty earrings, fun and flirty...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frilly flower beads really capture the swing of the skirts. Isn't that photo of the scalloped orange skirt cool? These are fun earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty earrings. I didn't even think to use flower beads like that to get the image of the skirt ruffly. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The earrings remind me of the ruffles on the skirts. You did a wonderful job interpreting the dance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shape of those beads and they do mimic the swirl of her skirt perfectly! Thanks for playing along with me in the We're All Ears challenge for May. Stop back to Earrings Everyday on June 5th for the next inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete